SENIOR TAX ATTORNEY
- Represented an architectural and engineering firm through a California examination of its Research and Development Tax Credits. The sustained credit provided over $2 million in research credits, sustaining 100% of their credits.
- Took over representation for a taxpayer after an exam had resulted in a full disallowance of research credits related to software development activities. Performed review and analysis of the originally claimed research credits, identifying additional qualified expenses and advised the taxpayer regarding proper qualified expenses and supporting evidence. Continued representation through appeals process, sustaining over 80% of the denied credits.
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
Licensed in United States Tax Court, Federal District Courts throughout the United States, Member of State Bar of Texas’ Taxation Section.
- Venture Beat- Developers: Say ‘Game Over’ to Overpaying Your Taxes
- Gamasutra- Level Up!
- Gamasutra- R&D Tax Credits for Game Development Just Might Keep You in Play
- GamesBrief- Eight Myths that Keep Software Developers from Claiming the R&D Tax Credit
- Law360- FedEx Has Done IUS Developers a Huge Favor
- SD Times- Loving the R&D Tax Credit